Monday 22 October 2012

Books I read on Northern Cyprus

When I was looking for some interesting books on Northern Cyprus to gain some information about the island, I came a across a number of books which I should talk of here. The first and the most interesting book that which I came across in the beginning or which deal with the life at Northern Cyprus was: “Bitter Lemons”. It was a book written by a British writer. His name was “Lawrence Durrell” (I knew about the book from the beginning itself because it was the book which I read when I was at the school in UK. The book was actually suggested by one of my teachers who wanted me to know something about what Durrell’s way of writing is. His book became a subject for me later...).

I can say here that the book was about Northern Cyprus. The book was talking a little about Mr. Durrell’s time on the island, (if I am not wrong then it was all about how he was attracted to living there on the island: North Cyprus and how he used to spend his days there, how the Cypriots were etc. It was a book where in was some comic and some seriousness. It was really a perfect blend of happiness and some sadness. It clearly charted out the experiences of Mr. Durrell on the island. He talked about the people he met there and the village he was staying at. (It was Bellapais. The village really is worth visiting).

The book was really an intriguing one as it occupied my attention from the beginning to the end. Since my school days, I have been reading books and books on tourist cities because I am just so very attracted to know what we have here on this beautiful planet earth that which can give pleasurably a soulful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment